Sunday, January 13, 2008

New Year Same Old Sh*t

Well... now I know anyone who might be reading my blog (IS anyone reading my blog I wonder??) probably is wondering a few things... like am I crazy? And since I don't post with any kind of regularity what the hell is the point of me having a blog anyway and therefore why does it (and by extension why do any of us) exist? Well the answer to question one is probably and the answer to question number two requires too much time to answer and has been pondered over for thousands of years by some of the greatest philosopher's of our times. Of course, I'm the only one who knows the answer to that great question but I'm sure as hell not sharing it with anyone who reads this tripe. You wouldn't get it anyway. Which isn't to call any of you stupid or simple but hey you are reading my blog so what does that say? Case closed.

Anyway... it's a New Year with new challenges (like keeping people like Huckabee and Romney out of the friggin White House...) and as per my long standing policy of not picking any resolutions until at least the middle of the year there will be none listed here. Last year I made my resolutions in November and they all worked out pretty good so why mess with a good method eh?

Anyway for the past few months I have been doing treatment for Hepatitis C (which, if you don't know anything about you need to inform yourself about) - the treatment sucks - it consists of a weekly shot of Interferon (in my case Pegulated Interferon)which leaves you feeling like you have the flu for 3 days EVERY friggin week as well as a myriad of pills that have such charming side effects as fatigue, dizziness and uncontrollable emotional outbursts that usually exhibit themselves as something known as Riba-Rage (Ribavirin is one of the rude meds I have to take every day). In the first week of treatment the Riba-Rage actually ended up costing me my job. It was a shitty paying job with a psycho bitch for an office manager and I had been looking for another job anyway so it all worked out in the end. Turns out many people (the smart ones) don't work while they are on treatment. So I spend my days taking my meds and feeling sleepy and sometimes a little rage here and there and wait for the treatment to be done with (I finish in March I think and then there's another 6 months of clearing all the poisons out of my system). And despite eating I've lost more than 20 pounds since beginning treatment. I was 150 now I am 128 pounds. It ain't pretty. BUT it's working... my viral load has already gone undetectable and I am likely to completely clear the virus. It's good to know it's working because as I said the treatment and the sides SUCK ASS!

Last couple of years have been rough - my partner of 12 years this coming March and I have been on a roller coaster in life. Somehow I doubt the ride is over so when I don't post it's either because I am constantly dealing with the side effects of my meds or I'm too busy holding on for dear life while riding the roller coaster.

So Happy New Year to any fool who might be reading this... who knows when I will post again? Could be tomorrow could be next week might not be ever.

That's kind of how life is...

No comments: